If you are planning a home renovation shortly, you have come to the right place, as we offer a few novel interior design ideas that will transform your interior. While many homeowners like to follow standard trends, others prefer something more creative, which we outline in this short article.
- Unusual wallpaper – If you search online, you can find a supplier of mountain wallpaper that you can use to cover an entire wall, bringing a unique vista into your home. This type of wallpaper is re-positionable, which means you can slide it into place for an exact match; other designs include marble wallpaper that mimics real marble and the product is made from a special fabric that is very easy to remove. If you like the idea of a stunning landscape that covers an entire wall, there is a range of landscape designs to choose from.
- Brickwork cladding – If you would like to add some reach character to your interior, consider covering a wall with brickwork cladding, which is very easy to install. Failing that, you could choose marble or granite cladding, which would transform any room. This product can be installed on any substrate and it cuts much like timber. Perfect if you have polished concrete flooring and you want to make the walls in keeping with the look.
- Timber Venetian blinds – There are specialist companies that make timber Venetian blinds to measure and they can be found with a Google search. Mahogany or rosewood is the timber of choice and with a state-of-the-art operating system, adjustment is smooth. Blinds are much better than curtains in terms of providing the best screening and you can ask the supplier to pay you a visit at home, where you can discuss the many design options. Of course, there are many other styles of blinds that you might prefer; namely Roman, vertical, pleated and roller blinds and with bespoke solutions, your screening will fit like a glove.
- Water walls – The sound of running water is very soothing and the latest generation of interior water walls are very easy to install and they come in a wide range of styles. LED lighting adds some colour to the feature and a simple switch is all it takes to stop the water running. Search online to find out more about water features, which can be used indoors or outside. You can buy the units in kit form, or have the supplier come to your home and handle the installation.
- Luxury vinyl flooring – Luxury vinyl flooring comes in timber, stone and slate finishes and it is perfect for high-traffic areas. Not only does it look and feel like solid timber, the cost is very affordable and the product can be installed on any substrate. Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms, luxury vinyl comes in tile and plank form and it is very easy to work with.
The great thing about home improvements is that you are boosting the value of the property, as well as making the living space more luxurious.